How we are regulated
1. Our notarial practice is regulated through the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury:
The Faculty Office
1, The Sanctuary
2. If you are dissatisfied about the service you have received, please do not hesitate to contact our firm:
Vanner Perez Notaries LLP
6 Hay’s Lane
3. If we are unable to resolve the matter you may then complain to The Notaries Society, of which all our notaries are members, who have a Complaints Procedure which is approved by the Faculty Office. This procedure is free to use and is designed to provide a quick resolution to any dispute.
4. In that case please write (but do not enclose any original documents) with full details of your complaint to:
The Secretary of The Notaries Society
Old Church Chambers
23 Sandhill Road
Northampton NN5 5LH
Tel: 01604 758908
If you have any difficulty making a complaint in writing, please do not hesitate to call The Notaries Society/the Faculty Office for assistance.
5. Finally, even if you have your complaint considered under the Notaries Society Approved Complaints Procedure, you may at the end of that procedure, or after a period of 6 months from the date you first notified us that you were dissatisfied, make your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman*, if you are not happy with the result:
PO Box 6806,
Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ
6. If you decide to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman, you must refer your matter to the Legal Ombudsman:
- Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and
- Six years from the date of act/omission; or
- Three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint (only if the act or omission took place more than six years ago)
The act or omission, or when you should have reasonably known there was cause for complaint, must have been after 5th October 2010.
*certain kinds of commercial entities are not eligible to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman – please refer to the Legal Ombudsman Scheme Rules or consult the Faculty Office.
In line with regulatory requirements, our notarial practice is protected by professional indemnity insurance to a limit of liability of £1,000,000.00 for any one claim. Our notaries are also protected by fidelity insurance through the Notaries Guarantee scheme.